Wednesday, March 3, 2010

VIE - Virtual Island of Entertainment

Just earlier today I was blogging about the lack of social features in games correlating to fewer females playing, and I came across this:

"enVie Interactive™ announces the development of a new game that targets the most underserved market in the gaming community: women. This massively multiplayer online social game (MMOSG) caters to women looking for an engaging online game that speaks to them."

Speak to me! It goes on to say, "VIE is an online playground for adults that offers stunning graphics, unique customization and the ultimate entertainment experience to a market that has been virtually ignored by the gaming industry. VIE offers an ongoing series of episodic content, unique shopping experiences, high fashion, art design, and intimate encounters, all in a tropical island setting. It provides a mature audience the opportunity to escape and indulge in mysterious adventures at their leisure."

High fashion and intimate encounters? Bwow-chika-bwow-bwow

And it appears there could potentially be some real life benefits! "VIE supports the theory of Productive Play allowing gamers to explore and expand their creative and artistic sides as well as their social interaction in a virtual world. Reports show that people who engage in Productive Play are actually more productive in their real world lives."

Despite my silliness, let's just say my interest has been piqued and I did sign up for the beta.

Maybe it will actually speak to me.

1 comment:

Yeebo said...

I will really be looking forward to your impressions. It doesn't sound like something I'd play, but I always enjoy reading about hopeful monsters.