Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The End of Sigil?

Life's been busy and I've fallen a bit behind in keeping up with various blogs and gaming sites. But what a shock to read F13 regarding the firing of Sigil employees. Supposedly an announcement is coming today so I'll have to keep an eye out to feed my curiosity. I may not have been fond of Vanguard, but having followed it for a few years I'd really gotten to like many of Sigil's employees. My heart goes out to those guys and I wish the best for them.

More surprising still was reading Grouchy Gamer. Assuming that what is posted here is correct, Brad had been a rare visitor to the Sigil office since last December. There are some other bits there regarding an irritating personality, but I take all that with a grain of salt.

I'm guessing SOE will pick up some of the cream of the crop of Sigil. And while I know many are upset about SOE having anything to do with Vanguard, I do believe the game can only improve from here. They may have botched SWG completely, but they did turn EQ2 around and have learned quite a bit from past mistakes. I'm not sure if I'd go back to Vanguard to give it another whirl, but I'm rooting for the game and hope it succeeds.

No comments: